He's not very pretty. Definitely not a June bug. A little bigger, I think. He posed for several pictures and then took off almost straight up into the trees.
Jane e-mailed. She thinks this msy be a cicada. I checked some images on google and the general shape is right. There are various colorations. some have red eyes, some have black eyes. They shed their skin, totally. Couldn't find one with the exact same markings, but I think it is some kind of cicada. Have heard a lot of loud insect noise lately but it hasn't really reached the loudness of cicadas. . .
2 comments:
I don't know its name, but I think its beautiful.
Jane e-mailed. She thinks this msy be a cicada. I checked some images on google and the general shape is right. There are various colorations. some have red eyes, some have black eyes. They shed their skin, totally. Couldn't find one with the exact same markings, but I think it is some kind of cicada. Have heard a lot of loud insect noise lately but it hasn't really reached the loudness of cicadas. . .
Post a Comment